Dickies Workwear aim to keep the modern worker comfortable and safe while feeling protected and looking good! Our range of flame retardant workwear is researched, designed and engineered by industry innovators and conforms to international safety standards.
Flame retardant clothing (or FR Clothing as it is commonly called) is
While our garments are manufactured to the highest standards, flame retardant clothing requires special care in order to maintain its quality.
- Firstly, do remember to check the label on the garment and launder according to the instructions. Many flame retardant garments are not suitable for industrial laundry.
- Cotton, aramid and modacrylic garments can be laundered using the recommended temperatures and wash cycles. Some 3% minimal shrinkage can be expected and is a natural reaction from both the
fibresand the weave construction, most noticeable during the first 3 to 5 washes.
- Please take this expected shrinkage into account when purchasing your garment.
- Be careful not to over dry garments. Exposure to excessive drying temperatures will result in higher than normal shrinkage.
- Water which is too hard affects the cleaning process and may contain mineral salts which build
up onthe fabric. These types of deposits, in extreme cases of build-up, can actually exacerbate the flammability of the clothing and act as an accelerant if exposed to an ignition source.
- Starches, fabric softeners, and other laundry additives should be avoided.
- Do not use chlorine bleach or other detergents or chemicals containing hydrogen peroxide! These chemicals may coat the
fibreused to treat the fabric and inhibit its flame retardant properties. Some of these chemicals can also act as a fuel.
Flame Retardant Treatments
A flame retardant solution designed to treat cotton or
Proban fabrics meet the minimum standards required of 50 washes at 75°C. However, numerous independent tests have shown that Proban treated garments still pass this flammability test well after 100 to 150 washes.
One of the most widely used flame retardant treatments for 100% cotton fabrics. Cotton
Dickies Pyrovatex garments are made from high-quality cotton, so they retain their lightweight properties and remain comfortable to wear.
Fire Retardant Products
Left to Right
- Dickies Modacrylic Polo Shirt
- Dickies Proban Coverall
- Dickies Lightweight Pyrovatex Coverall
- Dickies Pyrovatex Antistatic Coverall
Many of these garments can be made to order in different